The following conditions apply to all courses and tutorials offered by Language Matters. Making a booking with Language Matters implies full acceptance of these conditions.
- Course fees are due prior to the course commencement date. If the participant cancels on or after the course commencement date, the total fee is payable. No refund will be given if the participant withdraws from the course at any stage once the course has commenced.
In very exceptional circumstances, such as illness, hospitalisation and child birth a full refund will be given at the discretion of Language Matters.
- If the participant cancels prior to the course commencement date the following conditions apply to refunds:
a. All course cancellations must be in writing
b. The effective date is the date of receipt of the notice of cancellation
c. If the notice of cancellation is received on or after the course commencement date or within 5 working days prior to the course commencement date, course fees will be refunded
d. If the notice of cancellation is received on the course commencement date, 50 % of the course fee will be refunded
- Dependent on course requirements, substitutes may attend a course in place of another participant but notice must be given in writing to Language Matters. The proposed substitute should have equivalent language proficiency as the original candidate and must undergo a placement test prior to attending the course.
- Language Matters reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers or in the event of exceptional circumstances. A full refund or alternative courses will be offered in these circumstances. Refunds will be given in the event that courses/ training programmes and private tutorials are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- In certain circumstances at the discretion of Language Matters, candidates may change their booking from one course to another. Course fees will be carried over to the new course. Changing courses will only be possible subject to availability.
- If a reasonable complaint is received and no alternative can be found to satisfy the client’s needs and expectations of our services, full fees are refunded.
- Refund applications must be made in writing and submitted to Language Matters clearly stating the course dates and location prior to a refund being issued.
- This cancellation and refund policy applies to: all Language Matters courses, tutorials, workshops and events managed by Language Matters. For a list of current course fees, please contact us.
- Disclaimer All refunds and cancellation fees will be administered at the sole discretion of Language Matters management.
Credit policy: Language Matters’ credit policy allows a 90-day credit for government and private schools and 30 days upon receipt of an invoice for any other company or institution. Private tuition is to be paid for in advance and lessons can be purchased in blocks of five, ten or twenty hours. Course fees are to be received prior to commencement of the term when enrolling.